The defense of a DUI case requires specialized knowledge about physics, chemistry, biology, anatomy, toxicology, pharmacology and how these scientific disciplines interrelate. Chemical testing for blood alcohol levels assumes that the subject is a normal, healthy average person. There are countless medical conditions which can effect the accuracy of chemical testing and the appropriateness of field sobriety exercises.
The following are examples:
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease
- Faulty Bridge Work
- Gastric Reflux Disease (Heartburn)
- Diseases of the Lungs
- Heart Disease
- Accidents With Air Bags
- Inner Ear Conditions
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Pre-Existing Injuries To Back, Legs, Etc.
DUI Defenses that have worked:
- The Officer Had No Legal Right To Pull You Over
- The Police Agency Has Not Complied With The California Code Of Regulations
- You Were Not Given The Option To Take A Breath Or Blood Test
- You Were Questioned In Violation Of Your Miranda Rights
- The Sobriety Checkpoint That You Were Stopped At Was Not Run Properly
- You Requested But Were Denied The Right To An Independent Test
- You Have Been Denied Your Right To A Speedy Trial
- Your Blood Alcohol Level Was Lower When Driving Than When Tested
Therefore, as you can see you may have a valid defense and a free legal consultation could help clarify what options are available to you. Call 909-563-8644 or complete the online Client contact form today.